Petzl Reverso 4 Belay Device
* denotes required field
Petzl Belay Device
The new Petzl Reverso 4 is a multi-purpose, ultra-light (59 g, 25 % lighter than the REVERSO 3) belay/rappel device that is very intuitive to use. V-shaped friction channels with asymmetrical lateral grooves adapt the friction to the type of rope for better control (ARC technology: braking control for twin, half and single dynamic ropes). Reverso mode for belaying one or two seconds with assisted braking.
Be sure to check out our great selection & prices on climbing gear & equipment, climbing harnesses, ascenders, belay devices, pulleys and more from Mad Rock, Petzl, Omega, Black Diamond, Metolius, Singing Rock & more!
- minimalist construction
- hot-forged aluminum
- Weight: 59 g
A single device for all rope types:
- effective braking on half and twin ropes ≥ 7.5 mm
- effective braking on single ropes ≥ 8.9 mm
- can belay the leader, one or two seconding climbers and can be used for rappelling
- independent and simultaneous belaying of one or two seconding climbers in Reverso mode
- quick changeovers from Reverso mode to belaying the leader when climbing multi-pitch routes
V-shaped friction channels:
- increased friction on thin ropes
- friction is adapted for larger diameter ropes
- increases the locking pressure on the ropes in Reverso mode
Asymmetrically grooved sidewalls:
- increased braking power during a leader or top rope fall or while rappelling
- rope slides smoothly through device when taking up slack Carabiner hole allows the loaded device in Reverso mode to be easily and gradually released with only a carabiner Rope friendly, --allows for smooth belaying and rope handling:
- will not kink the ropes regardless of the mode used
- separates the two strands of rope when belaying and rappelling
- Reverso mode aluminum attachment point is easy to identify
- keeper cable keeps the device from moving up the rope when belaying and reduces chances of losing the device
- usage diagrams (standard belay and Reverso modes) engraved on device
Use with symmetrical locking carabiners (Am'D or WILLIAM) to maximize efficiency
Weight: 59 g
Rope compatibility: for use on half ropes & twin ropes ≥ 7.5 mm and single ropes ≥ 8.9 mm
Material: Hot forged aluminum body.
Supertopo.com - Editors' Choice Award 2010
8/4/2011 1:18 PM
say it wears faster than BD's version... For me it works great and is light weight! love the guide version of these Atc's...